09 January 2013

The Plan

I'm eat quite well - my diet tends to be rich in veggies, pulses, grains and fruit, so I'm not too worried about that side of things. However, I'm a bit of a grazer so I'm trying to take more notice of what I'm actually putting in my mouth and when (no smutty comments please!).  And trying not to snack on my daughter's leftovers!

My main issue is exercise.  What with work, commuting and studying I spend most of my time sitting, and although I do sit on a swiss ball at work, I know that so much sitting is bad for my health.  So to the plan...

Goal one - to achieve by end of 2013
My long-term aim is to get a treadmill desk. Yes, this is a thing.  The concept is that you walk, slowly, for all or most of the day, while you work on a computer, or on the phone etc.  There is a company in New Zealand who make their own version, the Health Desk, so that's what I'm looking at getting.  It's not particulalry cheap, so I'm looking into my options - if anyone wants to sponsor me, I'm happy to write you a column or be 'researched' so let me know!

Ongoing Goals
Exercise every day.  Current schedule looks like this:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 1 hour walk (at least 5km)
- Tuesday, Thursday: 15mins trampoline (no backwards somersaults!)
- Saturday, Sunday: at least 1 hour walk, increasing

Since I leave the house at 7am during the week, this means I have to get up pretty early to exercise.  So far, though, today is the only day I haven't managed it.  However, as soon as I've posted this, I'm using the rest of my lunch break to walk instead, and I'll try to do something when I get home as well.  I have a calednar on my door at work, and have asked my team to challenge me if there is nothing written in for exercise on a particular day.

Now, although this plan really isn't focussed on weight loss, I do hope to get back to a more comfortable weight.  I don't think I'll ever be my pre-baby weight again, so I'm not going to beat myself up about that.

But I would like to feel comfortable in my skin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely people leave comments!